Hotel is not bad, but the city is a very poor city and not alot of food varieties.
Fresh seafood is really good, we stayed 3 nights only eating shrimps, fish, crabs and lobsters.
Coconut juice is great thing to drink daily as well
Yes, you heard me right. I have stayed several times in the past in this hotel and I should mention that the services have improved several folds. Courteous and helpful staff. Breakfast is pretty decent with good south Indian dishes and especially, filter coffee. Other food menu needs improvement. Sea food dishes are very expensive despite availability locally. Preparation needs local touch but it is more like any other hotel of this range. Overall nice stay. Keep it up.
I stayed here three nights. You can definitely stay at this hotel, but expect downsides. There is much that is good about this hotel, but it's as though they try to get everything about 75% right. They don't fix what's wrong. Problems persist day after day after day.
Room: the bed,desk/chair, wifi, sink, toilet were all fine and in good working order.
Restaurant: The restaurant decor was very good. Many of the breakfast dishes were good (pongal, sevai, dosai, puri potatoes, fruit, juice, tea).
Staff: The hotel staff (at the front door, front desk and in the restaurant) was friendly and courteous. The waiter was especially good.
* The major problem was the bathroom. The shower would not drain properly and the drain stank. I informed the hotel staff about the matter, and while they were able to solve the problem of the smell emanating from the drain, the water would still not drain properly. You had to bathe in stagnating water. Gross!
* Room: there was a sofa whose cover was dirty and stained, like a dormitory sofa. Gross! One evening, the maid accidentally left some extra clean sheets and towels on the (dirty, stained) sofa.
* The breakfast: The idly and vadai had been made using batter which had gone bad. The kitchen staff had not handled the batter properly. They had likely left it out and let it go bad and had used it again the next day even though the batter was bad. Gross! This happened all the three mornings I was there.
* The breakfast also suffered from the common problem of the filter coffee being weak and the hard boiled eggs being overboiled (green yolks).
* Room: There was a cupboard marked "minibar" but no fridge inside. You have to ask for it, the hotel clerk informed me, after which I got a fridge.
Having been to this hotel quite a few times, I am rather certain that the food in its restaurant is very disappointing and absolutely bland. With very few options in the menu, a meal here is never satisfying.
Everything else about the hotel is good. It can be a nice and clean place to stay, with a hospitable staff to help you around.
Hotel was not GRT standard but one of the best hotel in Tuticorin. We checked out two other hotels and decided GRT tuticorin is the best of the lot. We stayed here for two days. Occupied two rooms. One of the room had strong urine smell. The management changed the room upon complain. The buffet dinner was poor. We had the Christmas Eve dinner and was disappointed. Turkey was tough and food was cold. The hotel staff were friendly.