The retired officers of Indian Oil Corporation- Bangalore will always cherish their visit to Wayanad for the beautiful place and the stay at Karapuzha resorts. Amidst the greenery were the serene well maintained rooms. Thanks to team for their lovely hospitality and the tasty multi-cuisine food. The view of the river from the rooms brought in an untold peace. Overall it was a wonderful stay we had.
B R Narasimhan, Retd DGM, IOC
Overall: Great View, Clean facilities, Decent food, Food timings need to be extended
- View: Very good lake view with small hills around from the first floor rooms' balconies
- Food: Good taste, Decent varieties
- Rooms: Spacious, Fresh, Well maintained, Very clean Linen, Spacious patio with good wide dam view, No mouldy smell
- Resort: Clean, Good view from dinning area, Safe for kids, Limited area, Green, Common Bonfire, Decent Swimming pool, Machaan, Katthakalli Statue, Horse Cart etc
- Staff: Good cordial, prompt and plenty of staff, Sumesh is a good front office person
- Conference room for private parties is available on advance booking
- Kids: Magic show, Shadow play, Swings, Foosball, T.T., Carom, Ample space to play
- Approach: Not so good for big vehicles but manageable
- Parking: Safe, Available inside the resort
- Room Service: Good. Supplied whatever we wanted (including ice cubes) expect the buffet starters, Prompt
- Good Christmas celebration. Staff members come at night to wish us Merry Christmas with a cake
- Around: Small slum area around one of the corners of the resort which is visible from the first floor rooms
- Dinner time ends by 9:30 and if on request you take 15 mins more, many of the food items get over. They must serve until 10:30 or 11:00 PM
- Breakfast starts late i.e. by around 8:30. They must start from 6:00 AM or 6:30 AM as otherwise we used to get delayed to cover the multiple spots on a single day and used to reach at some spots very late
- Spa: Decently priced but needs improvement in overall service and quality of the place, They can give service to only to 1 person (male+female) at one point of time, It reflects as if it is a massage centre rather than a spa, It should be more pampering.
- Billing: Need to cross check.
- Particular staff member: Found one of the staff members rude
- Location: Far from Vythiri/Lakidi and weather in comp to Vythiri/Lakid is not so cool
- Room Service: They denied to serve starters from the buffet and when ordered they supplied from the buffet but charged per plate basis
- No hot water shower: Separate tap for hot water so you can not have hot water shower but have to mix water in a bucket and take a bath
- Cupboard issue: Some of the cupboards fall over with just a slight push
- Bathroom: Not good. Water of bathing area spills over to whole bathroom
- Refrigerator: Not available in rooms though they can keep your bottles in their common refrigerator
Time of visit : Feb 2016
Guest size : 2 adults + 1 kid
Am a person who reads a lot of reviews, plans & then again read some more
reviews. So when I chose Karapuzha village resort over other resorts, I had
drawn at least four comparison charts with other nearby resorts. Cost to
benefits, reach to facilities, reach to sight seeing, quality of service
etc. But all that need not be done again.
Trust me, the stay at Karappuzha was worth every paisa put into it.
The resort is located right on karappuzha reservoir's bank. Our booking was
for a deluxe room but we ended up getting a free upgrade to cottage room.
The view, surrounding, cleanliness & food is just awesome. We were a family
of 2 adults + 1 kid & the cottage room was more than enough for us. Luckily
we had asked the mgmt for a package rate including whole day's meal (no
hotels nearby). Food includes soup, starter, salad, one bowl of rice, two
roti, one bowl of noodles & sides. One day we were late in returning to the
resort, so we had requested them to set aside a bowl of rice and dal - the
hotel had managed to keep aside all of food ready for us, piping
hot, when we returned at 4:30 in the evening.
The reach to the hotel is rugged considering the 200 metres of poor road.
But other than that, reach is nice. The view from the cottage room was
excellent & in nights the area is really silent. We could hear crickets
chirping in the nights. Early morning sunrise view is as well nice. Mist covered reservoir is a view to be seen yourself.
The manager Mr. Sumesh is a very nice guy. He was ready to help us so many
times. When we were planning for visits, he gave us ideas on routes & stuff
to see. Whenever we were planning to go out, we just had a have a word with
him the early evening and he gave us route plan, where to stop for food and which places to visit.
During the stay we also experienced whole body massage (with sauna). The guy who did the service to me was a proper professional & my first massage ended up being the best also. Our bill was Rs.1500. In Chennai, one person's bill can be as high as Rs.2000 for the same we got there.
During whole trip we also had a (engineer student, waiting for MNC job) driver. He was a perfect gentleman who took care of us during the whole 4 days. Wherever he used to come till the entrance, help us with the local language & then waits for us. Even when we invited him to join us, not once he did. On the second day morning around 4am, while we were going to sunrise view point, our cab got switched off in the middle of a coffee plantation. All I could hear was my family breathing & it pitch dark outside. I was at the front seat & when I turned around, I couldn't even see my family's face. While others could have seen it a chance, the chaffeur casually got down with his phone as a torch & asked me to lock the car from inside. Took him a couple of minutes and got it fixed. I wish I still had his mobile number to share.
On the whole, was a great trip to Wayanad & we will surely go back to Karappuzha village resort using same chaffeur services.
Have booked Karapuzha resorts about a month in advance for Year end vacation. It's a 3 star resorts with amenities which are truly VFM. The staff were extremely courteous and helpful. We've booked four individual rooms which are interconnected. Each room was provided the basic needs and amenities. We stayed there for 3 nights. They provide breakfast and dinner as part of the package. Quality of food was extremely good. Time duration of 1 hour for food should surely be extended. Should keep it open atleast for 2 hours. They've a spa with seasoned therapists. Had availed spa and really enjoyed it. The pool size is small but surely enjoyable. Hospitality of the entire staff crew was top class. The only disadvantage that I see is it's quite far from all tourism destinations however for those who like peace and green pastures, it's a wonderful destination. I loved each moment that I stayed there with my family. I will surely recommend this for my friends.
Being a frequent traveler and this was one of the best trips to Wayanad. The most memorable was the stay at KARAPUZHA VILLAGE RESORT. Best ambiance next to Karapuzha Lake. The Balcony view towards the lake is amazing. No words to explain about the ambiance of the resort.
"An Awesome getaway from the City Hustles and let loose your mind in the serene atmosphere".
Hospitality of staff was excellent. They were very friendly, courteous and helpful. All staff had a smile on their face and were willing to assist in any way possible to make your stay enjoyable and Tension- free.
Food is excellent though would prefer more varieties in Kerala dishes.
The rooms are spacious and clean.The bathrooms and furniture are well kept and cared for. The garden area is beautifully decorated. Very good amenities with pool, Games and Health Club. Ample and safe car parking.
Though approach road few meters to the resort is Haywire!!!
Thanks to the wonderful team to ensure our safe and Peaceful stay at the resort!!!..
Yes, I would definitely recommend this to everyone. In fact already done that. ;-P