I made a last moment booking and was happy to get good support from Ismail the manager there. We reached pretty late in the night and the sleep quality was good. Had good food at very nominal cost which was home cooked food.
If you are looking for a more homley place which is not vey posh, then you can stay here.
Its a small hotel with a cute little garden, The manager is an awesome guy. he arranger for pick and drop from/to Salem and our sightseeing as well. We were 32 people, everything was kept ready for our check-in and checkout was smooth as well.
Room size, clean bathroom, amazing manager (Ismail), walking distance from Ladies Seat, hot water available, more than sufficient charging points (a necessity nowadays)
Cons: they don't have a functioning kitchen/dining room, so food availbility is limited and service is slow - this addition would make this a perfect hotel.
First of all our plan of Yercaud trip was made in the last moment just 4 hours prior to intended departure. A quick research on different travel website landed us on this hotel. We were looking for a 2 bedroom villa kind of hotel as we were two couples. But in every travel websites the information was not up to the mark regarding this hotel. However trusting our luck I booked this hotel online.
REACHING HOTEL: Its located on the way to Ladies Seat view point. You can also depend on Google Maps as the co-ordinates of this hotel is pin point accurate.
AMBIENCE & ENVIRONMENT: This villa is located in between a beautiful garden with a dense jungle in the backdrop. They have maintained the garden and landscape pretty well. As soon as you start descending towards your room a kind of romantic feel just fills your heart.
The garden is so well crafted that you end up taking plenty of photographs in this hotel itself. Sprinkler outside our room gave rainy season feel throughout the evening.
Early morning you will be surprised by the dense fog, the whole hotel appears like immersed in a dense layer of fog. Its a wonderful experience in deed.
HOTEL & ROOM: I booked family villa as we were two couples, our villa was situated in ground floor. It had two bedrooms, 1 bedroom with attached bathroom and one with common bathroom, a kitchen and a hall with CRT Television. Each bedroom had a queen size bed with standard cupboards and dressing tables. Bathrooms were neat and appeared hygienic, both bathrooms were fitted with electric geysers. Whole villa was too clean and tidy.
SERVICE: Though they don't have many staffs, they are managing the service part well. Their attitude and service will surely make you feel comfortable. Service guy never expects tips from the guests and I didn't notice them denying anything to the guest. I also observed some other guests playing drum and dancing in the garden, but hotel staff kept their cool and let the guests enjoy.
FOOD: Since there are no good restaurant near by, you can depend on the hotel. They cook amazingly good food. The only hick is you need to order food at least 3 hours prior. We ordered Idli, pongal, vada for the breakfast and believe me it was so delicious. We enjoyed every bit of our breakfast with that awesome weather. We also regretted a bit for ordering less quantity. Chutney and sambar supplied with it was heavenly.
THINGS WHICH CAN IMPROVE: Though this hotel offered a great experience I observed some flaws which might bother the guest.
1. Quality of bed could be improved and also an inclusion of white bed sheet to the blanket can be better.
2. Intercom facility is much needed as reception office is too far.
3. Dump pit behind the hotel takes away the majestic view of this hotel's backyard.
EVERYTHING ELSE: It is bit far to the bus stop but if you are going there in your own vehicle no need to worry at all. This resort has ample parking space. Ladies Seat and rose garden are perfect for the morning walk. Pricing of the hotel seems to be fair to me. Though it comes under budget hotel category you'll surely enjoy their hospitality and amenities.
FINAL VERDICT: In one word - "Value for Money". Its a good choice for group & family crowd.
Hi guys! This is Menon from Bangalore. I had gone along with my wife and son on a trip to Yercaud last week and we had stayed during our holiday at Akarsh Villa resort. The resort is an excellent place to stay at, and the very view of the resort from the entrance is eye-catching. The rooms are very clean, and the bathrooms have also been maintained properly and clean. The food provided, though limited in options, is very tasty and safe, as it is pretty much home-made. The hotel manager, Mr.Ismail, and the room boy Robin, had been very courteous and helpful to us, and they really deserve a lot of appreciation for making our stay comfortable. I am really looking forward to h\going to Yercaud again, and without doubt, my stay would be in Akarsh Villa resort. I would surely reccomend this resort to all of you. Thank you!
When we reached the villa, we were underwhelmed. It didn't look like what we saw in the pics. The rooms were quite normal with a typical house appearance. But things got better and better from there. I'll go to Pros and Cons.
1. The family suite is very spacious (about 625 sqft of area) 2BHK, 2 bathrooms.
2. Since it is on ground floor (G1), we have a small garden in front.
3. Tasty south indian breakfast and dinner served to the rooms on prior order. Very courteous service.
4. Ismail (who runs the facility) is very friendly guy always smiling and helpful. His family and friends cook the food (homemade).
5. Though it is adjacent to the road, the rooms are very calm, and the silence is so amazing.
6. There are small lawn areas for kids to roam around.
7. Location is very good - 1km from the lake, 1/2 km from bus stand and close to the rose garden, view points etc.
1. Rooms are not air conditioned, which is OK since even in summer it was quite chill in the evenings.
2. No proper ventilation in the rooms. If we leave doors/windows open mosquitoes enter the rooms.
3. Bathrooms can stink due to lack of proper ventilation.
4. Nothing for kids to spent time - like a small play area.
5. Loudspeakers (from religious places) disrupt the calm in the early mornings and evenings.
Overall, pros outweight cons for a short stays in my opinion.