March-late June, Tropical & breezy Temperatures - 22.0°C-35.0°C.
June-September, Heavy rainfall Annual Rainfall - 1640 cm
October-March, Cool & pleasant Temperatures - 20.0°C-32.0°C
Local Languages:Malayalam, Mahl & English
Best Time to Visit: October-March is the best time, Agatti and Bangaram can be visited all year through
Clothing: Tropical clothes throughout the year will suffice; a waterproof coat during the monsoon will be useful.
Moving around: While the islands are covered on foot, speedboats and helicopters are available to transfer you in between islands.
Lakshadweep Tourism Huts
- Only a maximum number of tourists can visit Lakshadweep Islands at a time, so ensure that you book well in advance
- All visitors to Lakshadweep need entry permits, which can be obtained from the Lakshadweep Tourist Office is Cochin
- Foreign travelers can only visit Agatti, Bangaram and Kadmat Islands
- Indian travelers can visit Agatti, Kadmat, Bangaram, Kalpeni, Kavaratti & Minicoy Islands
- Consumption of alcohol on all islands except Bangaram is prohibited
- Do not pick coral - it is a punishable offence
- Nudity is banned
- Don't pluck coconuts
- trees are privately owned and unauthorized plucking of coconuts equals theft