Makar Sankranti is celebrated in January as a day of goodwill and friendship. Chikmagalur comes alive with color and gaiety and sesame ladoos and sugar drops are distributed as prasad. Ganesh Chaturthi is another favourite event held annually for 10-days. During this, images of Lord Ganesha are worshipped in households and on the last day these are taken in processions to be immersed. Other than these, regular festivals are celebrated in the temples in the region.
Top Hotels in Chikmagalur
Top Landmarks in Chikmagalur
- Hotels Near Shri Sharadamba Temple Shringeri
- Hotels Near Kemmanagundi Hills
- Hotels Near Ksrtc Bus Stand
- Hotels Near Baba Budan Giri
- Hotels Near Bhadra Wild Life Sanctuary